Tuesday, July 5, 2011

HAPPY 47TH ANNIVERSARY MALAWI



By: Qeko


Today 47 years ago a nation called Malawi was born after a fearful fight against the British colonialist. Many of our people died fighting for the freedom and independence and today as is a very special day for the nation. That this nation was born on this day, it makes me happy that God decided that this be my motherland and my homeland because there is no better home than Malawi. This is the only place on earth i call home and I am proud to be part and parcel of the heritage of this nation called Malawi.


As we celebrate this day, I call upon patriotic citizen of the land to demonstrate love for this beloved motherland because this is our only home. This is the only place where we can walk freely without being asked questions. This nation defines what we are today and we will always be Malawians. Am proud to be a Malawian because this is my home and this is my country and the land of my birth.


What we need to know is that we need to be a people who shall give our services to the nation and not only waiting for the government to give us something. The question has to be, " WHAT WILL I GIVE TO MY COUNTRY TO HELP MY PEOPLE IN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER". We need to give something and help in the development of our country. We need to begin playing this game of nationa development before we ask people from outside to come and help us. So let us love our country even as we celebrate this independence this week and in every thing we do we need to know that for us to enjoy this freedom, others went to jail and some were killed. So may God bless us all for taking us this far as a nation and my prayer is that we shall be more patriotic and love our country as never before.

No comments: